This is one of my favorite books. It's short and sweet, which is how I like it (though not in the bedroom). You could read it in a day or two. Now that's my kind of bedroom session.
Ruiz states that after we are born and begin our socialization, we develop a "Voice of Knowledge" which is basically a collection of all of the negative lies we hear: you're not smart enough, you need to be a doctor to be successful, you have to change who you are.
The key to restoring our natural, child-like joy and peace, that which we are born with but becomes lost, is to realize that we have been sold the lie of our imperfection and to stop believing it.
I've contemplated these ideas and have used it to create a personal introspection tool for myself. I periodically ask whether I am speaking and acting from the Voice of Knowledge or the voice which I have named the Voice of Truth.
The Voice of Truth is composed of self-trust, clarity, cooperation, acceptance, honesty, instinct, fluidity. It is the antithesis of the first and is completely true. This is the voice that treads softly along the top of the mind and requires immediate action rather than obsessive thought to access. It accounts for 10% of inner dialogue and beliefs. It is simultaneously the easiest and yet the most difficult voice to access. This is the free-flowing stream that originates from the cold, pure mountain glacier.
Which voice rules your own mind?
No comments:
Post a Comment