Well, I stumbled on this chart a few days ago and believe it matches my thinking very well. All lower consciousness thinking falls into the categories labeled anything but "collaborating."
Win/lose or lose/lose mentalities pervade these quadrants. Most people, ideas, and paragdigms fall into these categories. Capitalism falls here as well (competing). Socialism would probably fall near the avoidant mindset though it attempts to masquerade near the top right.
Very few people are true "collaborators." Well, in order for the collective human spirit to reach a higher level of existence, we must work to move the tipping point over so that the majority of people operate from the collaborative paradigm.
Win/win mentalities must become the norm of the world if we are to survive for millions more years. There are many ways to tackle this problem. I'll present them in upcoming articles.

A post such as this is sufficient to label oneself a pariah in the nauseatingly Objectivist/libertarian Manosphere. Indeed, all of Western culture seems to forget that other options besides flat-out Competition exists.
ReplyDeleteThe 'manosphere' makes me want to puke. I don't like to associate with it
DeleteFor sure man. I hate to sound negative, but we live in a culture that values rugged individualism and stoicism. Not that they're always bad, but they often get confused with arrogance and indifference. Sometimes you hear advice like "You have to be a douche in order to be successful" or "Never compromise!" and all that really does is limit your chances of a win/win agreement. Being able to effectively collaborate with others is a trademark of emotional maturity.
ReplyDeleteThat's why emotional intelligence is so important. Don't understand why we don't teach it in schools. We want to make productive human beings don't we?
DeleteIf you want a good background or another perspective on this, I recommend reading Steven Covey 7 habits of highly effective people.
ReplyDelete